Rain Repellent Glass Treatment
One Applicator treats an average Windshield
Ultimate Water Repellant! Winter-ize your Windshield!
When you experience reduced vision driving in the rain, especially at night - there is a solution! Aquapel®!
Purchase PPG Aquapel® Rain Repellent Glass Treatment
New Lower Prices! The more you buy, the more you save. See prices below.
SINGLE @ $6.65
2-Pack @ Unknown
4-Pack @ Unknown
6-Pack @ Unknown
12-Pack @ Unknown
24-Pack @ Unknown
Glass Treatment at
work in the Day Time
and at Night Time!
When applied to a vehicle windshield, this innovative product improves vision
in the rain, day and night!
Aquapel® forms a chemical bond with glass, unlike other products that simply coat glass. As a result, Aquapel can last up to 6 times longer than other products.
One application can last for months!
Benefits of Using Aquapel®:
• Dramatically improves visibility in rain!
• Lasts up to 6 times longer than other products!
• Repels rain, snow, and sleet!
• Makes it easier to clear ice, snow, and even dirt and bugs!
• Aquapel forms a chemical bond with glass, unlike other
• that simply coat glass
• Developed by PPG Industries, Leaders in Glass Technology.
• Used by Professionals
PPG Aquapel Glass Treatment Facts and Application
Designed for professional application on windshields, side windows, rear windows, glass mirrors, or any other glass surface, Aquapel Glass Treatment is a long-lasting glass treatment that: Repels rain for remarkably improved vision, Makes it easier to clear ice, snow, and even dirt and bugs, Reduces glare in the rain, especially at night.
PPG's Aquapel Glass Treatment forms a chemical bond with the glass which increases water repellency, causing it to bead and easily shed off the glass. These fluorinated compounds apply in just minutes to a clean, dry windshield or any exterior glass surface, and last up to six times longer than silicon-based products.
Aquapel Glass Treatment remains highly effective after months of normal use, including driving in rain and snow, car washing, and glass cleaning.
When your safety is involved, SEE CLEARLY and DRIVE SAFER!
Directions on How to Apply Aquapel:
Step 1: Clean - Thoroughly clean and dry the glass.
Step 2: Apply - Hold the applicator between the thumb and fingers with the pad down and level over the windshield. Squeeze the wings together until a popping sound is heard and liquid is released onto the pad. Use immediately. Wipe the soft pad of the applicator over the glass up and down then side to side to ensure the glass is well covered. Avoid painted surfaces. Remove liquid from non-glass surfaces with dry paper towel.
Step 3: Dry - Wipe the glass with a clean dry paper towel immediately after Aquapel has been applied to the entire windshield. Dispose of applicator and paper towel. Failure to wipe immediately may cause hazing that requires additional buffing with a clean dry paper towel.
Note: One single-use applicator will treat one windshield or two side windows.
• Do not let Aquapel air dry onto windshield.
• When applying to large surface areas treat and dry one half at a time.
• Application conditions - Do not use in temperatures colder than 50 degrees F or
• hotter than 90 degrees F or in excessively humid conditions.
• Once applied, Aquapel Glass Treatment can be reapplied as needed.
• Cleaning glass with ordinary glass cleaners will not affect product durability.
View or Print Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS)
|Frequently Asked Questions about Aquapel®
1. How long will Aquapel® Glass Treatment last on a vehicle?
Lasts six (6) times longer than other rain repellent glass treatments.
Lasts for months, under normal driving conditions.
2. How does it work?
PPG’s proprietary hydrophobic glass treatment adheres to glass, forming a chemical bond. Increases contact angle of water, causing it to bead and easily shed off glass.
3. Why is hydrophobic (rain repellent) glass treatment beneficial?
The results of a recently released report by The University of Michigan’s Transportation Research Institute suggests that the use of hydrophobic windshield coatings has the potential to greatly improve driver visual performance in rainy conditions. The study--"The Influence of Hydrophobic Windshield Coating on Driver Performance" indicates that hydrophobic coatings can improve an operator’s visual acuity by nearly 34 percent over an untreated windshield. Additionally, driver’s response time was improved by 25 percent, from four seconds to three seconds. One second in response time represents about 58 feet of travel distance at 40 miles per hour.
4. How much coverage does it give?
One applicator will do one average windshield or two side windows.
5. How much time does it take to apply?
Applies in minutes to a clean, dry windshield.
6. Is it safe to handle and apply?
The product is designed for professional use only. Follow all safety precautions and read the MSDS before beginning.
7. How is it different from other rain repellent products?
Fluoropolymer vs. silicon wax-based chemistry.
Chemical bond actually adheres to glass.
Lasts at least six times longer, more durable performance.
8. Will Aquapel® Glass Treatment remain effective after...
...going through a car wash?
...using a squeegee and blue water cleaner?
...using common ammonia-based cleaners?
Yes, yes, yes. Aquapel® Glass Treatment will last.
9. What is Aquapel’s® Glass Treatment's effect on windshield repairs?
Treatment will not migrate into a new crack.
Current testing by leading windshield repair suppliers on performance over resin repairs offers no concerns.
10. How do I sell and market Aquapel® Glass Treatment?
Value-added service promotes safety; Aquapel® Glass Treatment offers driver clearer vision. Need to refurbish product in months brings opportunity for repeat business.
Sell to commercial and fleet accounts:
New car dealers – apply to every vehicle sold or leased as a new customer care service
Talk to insurance industry customers as a value-added service
Emergency vehicles, utility companies, and any commercial fleet where safety is important.
In summary, Aquapel® Glass Treatment:
• Remarkably improves vision in rain, … and sleet, and snow.
• Promotes safe driving,
• Eases snow, ice and bug removal,
• Advanced PPG patented formula, derived from aviation technology
• Durable performance, 6 times longer than silicon-based do-it-yourself items.
Not to be used as a substitute for wiper systems.
Always use wipers as needed to clean glass and maximize visibility.